[Bf-docboard] Spelling mistakes in the online guide...

Danny Allen bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1862569604-1091484536=:44870

Hi,

A while back I emailed this list to say that I found
some spelling mistakes with the online docs.

Here are some of the spelling mistakes that I have
found in the June 29 2004 pdf guide from the
blender.org website.

I have emailed them in this format as I cannot rectify
the mistakes myself - hopefully someone can go through
the guide and fix them - if they are still there! :)

The page numbers that I have referenced are of the
actual pace numbers of the June 29th guide.

Thanks,
Danny

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
--0-1862569604-1091484536=:44870

page 205 -	 "skilfully" - should be "skillfully"

---

page 462 -	"cube moveing into" - should be "cube moving into"

---

page 489 - 	"full fledged" should be "fully fledged"

---

page 484  - 	"It's time add" - should be "It's time to add"
			"channel two and" should be "channel 2 and", to folllow naming conventions used in the paragraph.

---

page 509  -	"but is a truly scene processing lab" - should be either "a true" or "truly a"

---

page 527 - 	"YafRay right not," - should be "YafRay right now,"

---

page 338 -	"The later option though is more difficult to set up, is the" - should be "The later option, though more difficult to set up, is the"

---

page 339 - 	"character cover the wider distance it s capable to do in one" - should be "character covers the widest distance it is possible to do in one"

			"frames than before," - should be "frames as before,"

---

page 343 -	"is no much" - should be "is not much" or "is no more"

---

page 510 -	"phylosopy." - should be "philosophy."

---

page 511 -	"completely independent from Blender ones!" could be "completely independent from those of Blender!"

			"of the texture could be redifined anytime." - should be "of the texture can be redefined anytime."

page 513 -	"The HDR (High Dynamic Range) Images, by storing pixel colours as floating point numbers contain many more data than other formats."

			could be:

			"The HDR (High Dynamic Range) Images, by storing pixel colours as floating point numbers, contain much more data than other formats."

			-----

			"same folder of the textures," - should be "same folder as the textures,"

			-----

			"Depht" - should be "depth"

			"Is needed in order to mimic a real camera focal blur. This is a feature that YafRay will render in much shorter times than other rendering engines, because it is done as post-processing, this has some shortcomings in imprecise accounting of reflections."

			could be:

			"This is required to mimic a real camera's focal blur. This is a feature that YafRay will render in much shorter times than other rendering engines, as it is performed as a post-processing operation - however, this means that it has some shortcomings in the precise accounting of reflections."

			-----

			"allows to regulate" - should be "allows us to regulate"

---

page 515 -	"imply" should be "implies"

			-----

			"pressed, this adds to the chosen name for XML and images also a suffix that indicates the renderized frame."

			could be:

			"pressed, which appends (applies ?) to the chosen name for XML and image files a number suffix that indicates the rendered frame."

			-----

			"and we am working with the file robot.blend, when we press Export Yable will create, fist of all, a folder C:/bar/robot/; then, if I have used the Path option, inside of this directory will be created an XML main file, called robot.xml"

			could be:

			"and we are working with the file robot.blend. When we press "Export", Yable will create, first of all, a folder C:/bar/robot/; then, if we have specified the "Path" option, inside this directory the main XML file (called robot.xml) will be created."

---

page 519 - 	"parameters refers," - should be "parameters refer," or, "parameter refers,"

---

page 520 - 	"the coordinates of the position of the lamp;" should be "the positional co-ordinates of the lamp;" ?

			-----

			"The Menu let" - should be "The menu lets"

---

page 521 - 	"The shadows too much clean are one of the disadvantages of the raytrace engines,"

			should be:

			"Shadows which appear to be too "clean" are one of the disadvantages of raytrace engines,"
--0-1862569604-1091484536=:44870--