[Bf-docboard] Tools for Parsing in WIndows or Linux

Mike Norton bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:17:51 -0700

Hey guys.  WOrk on my text book is moving along.  I will most likely publish
it online so it is available to others.  I will give you more info on that
later.

Here is my delema.  I have been beating my head against the research wall
trying to get a handle on DocBook.  I love the simplicity of the codeing.
That is not a problem.  Where I hit a snag is parsing and producing
something useable like a PDF.

I have downloaded eDE and had no luck getting the silly thing to work.  I
don't know if its because they are about to bring out a new web page or what
is going on.  But I need some serous help or a Howto on the basic usage of
DocBook.  The DocBook book is good but a little general in the area I am
looking.  I am starting to get frustrated to where I will just use Page
Maker to produce my book, but I want to give DocBook a try.

Thanks for all the help guys and so sorry if this is a FAQ.

Mike Norton

AKA ManO