[Bf-docboard] Re: Blender3D.com Education Pages Expansion

Matt Ebb bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:15:43 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thoenes, Michael A" <michael.a.thoenes@lmco.com>

> Matt, Do you have a page template or something I could work with to make
> integration into the site easier. That would be great. I am communication
> with Mike Norton about the education material as well, It looks like we
will
> be collaborating on this.

Blender3d.org works quite nicely in that it runs off a dynamic PHP template
for all the pages, which the content is then inserted into. The include
files for each actual web page just consists of the content itself.

If you look at the HTML source now, there are some comment tags:

<!-- ******************************* -->
<!-- PAGE CONTENT GETS INCLUDED HERE -->

and

<!-- END INCLUDED PAGE CONTENT -->

Anything between those tags is just straight (standards-valid! ;) HTML in a
file all on it's own, which gets included into the main layout. Sometimes
there are a few small PHP tags inserted into it (eg.) to get the right
background colours for table cells, but that's pretty much it.

So if you guys can provide page content on it's own, it's very easy to just
paste that into an include file to be integrated with the site.

Cheers

Matt