[Bf-docboard] Re: Blender3D.com Education Pages Expansion

Thoenes, Michael A bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:39:44 -0700

Reply to Matt Ebb:

Matt, Do you have a page template or something I could work with to make
integration into the site easier. That would be great. I am communication
with Mike Norton about the education material as well, It looks like we will
be collaborating on this.

Kent and Ton:

Yes, the connection between the blender3d.org and blender.org sites needs to
be stronger. The blender3d.org content clearly linked from blender.org and
and back in the main title bar. Make it function as one site. The separation
however is probably good for having multiple developers. Please keep it
connected tightly, News and forums are what keep a community alive. It would
be nice if Elysiun would adopt a look similar to the Blender sites as well
and incorporate stronger cross linking. I am going to suggest it on Elysiun
Forum and see how much abuse I get.

To Landis and Bart:

Regarding internal access to manual, and more:

At a minimum, we can put together a strong downloadable package that can be
used from a local drive to supplement the online stuff. I see Blender3d.org
having a full fledged Blender training section. So let's build some content,
make some movies, etc. The Maya PLE download is 100MB plus - mostly docs.

Landis:

I have flash 4: If you can work up a template - style for what you have in
mind. That would be a good start. I recommend something clean and simple.
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple "insert adjective") is going to be my motto. I want
my efforts to be easily modified and improved by others. I will be posting
an outline for what I have in mind for the Education section soon -
hopefully after this weekend.

Cheers
Michael Thoenes