[Bf-docboard] Feature suggestion: integrated manual

Landis Fields bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:27:34 -0000

Regardless of what web address the users manual information will be stored,
if the content was to be integrated into the application itself, users would
get the idea of where to go simply by looking at the address bar of their
browser after clicking on the "help" (this is assuming that the information
would be in html format...not neccesarily accessed through an internet
connection, but from the "Blender Foundation" directory on the users hard
drive...the option to install such information could also be presented to
the user during the installation process). Which brings me to the
interactive interface idea that I presented earlier....it would not take me
or anyone else fr that matter very long to whip up an interactive version of
the manual in flash. After sitting through my American History class
thinking of my "quick start" idea, I realize that it may not be somthing to
include as a part of the manual itself but would be something nice to access
from the directory (again prompted during installation) or at the central
location Blender is to have its tutorials based on the web (other than
scattered throughout the web). Simialr tutorials are offered by a site by
the name of 3D buzz in the form of AVI's and, needless to say, are craved by
artists from various 3D communities from around the globe. A flash version
of these same tutorials would benefit the user for obvious reasons (file
size, etc.). Again these are just ideas....maybe some of this will spark
something....Now c'mon!!! For Gods sake, tear this idea to shreads so we can
get somewhere!!!

Cheers,
Landis