[Bf-docboard] Greets and Questions

Mike Norton bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:52:08 -0700

Great to hear from you to Ton.

Yep, still in Magalia, just a little above Paradise. :-)

I will start putting together a outline for a school text book that will
implement the manual.  I will let you know what I would like to use as soon
as I figure out a course outline.

As for the PDF, I downloaded it from
http://download.blender.org/documentation/

I will download everything I can today and see what I can make of it.  Looks
like I have a full summer ahead of me :-)

mano

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-docboard-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-docboard-admin@blender.org]On Behalf Of Ton Roosendaal
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:38 AM
To: bf-docboard@blender.org
Subject: Re: [Bf-docboard] Greets and Questions

Hey ManO!!!

Great to hear again from you! Stilling living in that paradize village
in California?
I am mainly just lurking here, Bart and Stefano (s68) have the lead
here.

> 1.  Is there a message archive for the mail list so I do not ask
> redundant
> questions?

Since you subscribed to the maillist, it is at the webpage when you
login.

> 2.  What is the source for the manual?  Can I edit it and put it into a
> slightly different arrangement on the page for producing a school text
> book?

Yep, all stuff in downloads.blender.org is fully free to use! Please be
aware of the Open Content license, which restricts the freedom to
people who also mind returning their improvements. :)

> 3.  I have downloaded the PDF but there are some problems with a few
> pages
> over running the margins.  I would like to help with this.  But I
> would need
> to lay it out in Windows and not on a Open platform piece of software
> as I
> am not familiar with any of the Tex packages.

`Which pdf? I think the eshop pdfs are not part of the doc project
here... although i don't mind donating the original contents for all of
it, with as exception the GameKit.

> I would also like to put together a disk ISO for the book using the
> samples
> and some extras used in tutorials.

if it's at downloads.blender.org its free! Otherwise just mail me, i
can grant permission tp copy for educational projects.

> Well, sorry for the going on, and my apologies if I have restated
> things
> that have been asked over and over.
>
> It is good to be back.  Keep up the GREAT work!

Hooray!

-Ton-