[Bf-docboard] 3D Concepts and Fundamentals Chapter

Jason Oppel bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:08:44 -0400

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:15:14 +0100, Eric Oberlander <eric@oberlander.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> Hope you find my comments embedded in your text useful.
>
> Eric

Cool, thanks! I made the changes you have suggested.

>> axis (commonly refered to as simply x, y and z respectively) we can use
>> our
> referred? or is this one of the differences between
> US/UK English?

Actually you're correct it should be "referred."  As you can tell I haven't
run it through a spell checker yet and my spelling isn't that great. ;)

>> Now that we have a way to plot locations and describe objects in all
>> three
>> dimensions let's take a look at how Blender handles 3D space.  Start
>> Blender and press NUM1 to change our view so we're looking at our scene
>
> Could I suggest including a 'boxout' in the text at this point to explain
> the convention used to describe key presses throughout the Blender
> manual?
> This may sound stupid, but when working through the first tutorial I
> searched the screen looking for a button marked 'GKEY' before it was
> suggested to me to 'press the G key'. Seems obvious in hindsight, but I
> thought I'd mention it :)

I think that sort of thing will to be explained in the "Conventions"
section near the beginning of the book.  Someone please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Thanks!
Jason