[Bf-docboard] Correction for Lighting chapter

bf-docboard@blender.org bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:55:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

> Hi Ton,
>
> well, I've personally used the bias value with numbers < 1 to
> correct shadows being too far away from the object! With a
> broad ClipSta/ClipEnd range (necessary for animated spotlights
> following an object through a large concert hall), the shadow
> has often been too far away from the object, so it seemed
> "floating" above the floor, even with shadowbuffer sizes of
> 8192x8192. Setting the Bias value to 0.5 corrects it.

Mmm... I wrote that accordingly to the 2.o guide. I'd suggest to ask the
coders what bias does :)

In the meantime your tip seems valuable, and could be added in the doc as
'tip', a clever hack to have a specially good effect by changing
a parameter which was meant for something else.

BTW if you subscribe to the docboard mailing list you will be able to
post, up to now I have to manually approve all your posts ;)

Stefano