[Bf-docboard] less graphics

Steve Martin bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:07:01 -0500

Alex Heizer wrote:
> It does look like GiMP decomposes it into 4 separate images, one color
> each. It also took my mostly-green test image and gave me 3 black images
> and all the colors assigned to the yellow channel.  Hmm...  Looks like
> it's designed for some rudimentary colorsep processing, but still not
> ready for print, unless I need to adjust some settings...

You might need to adjust some settings. :>

Seriously, it always seemed to work for me, but I'm not that heavily
into print; I just wanted to throw it out to the group as a possible
solution. However, as Matt pointed out, there would seem to be some
reason to prefer Photoshop over the GIMP.

> It also doesn't save in EPS format. At least my version of the Linux
> port, which is pretty recent.

True, I was just suggesting it as a way to produce CMYK seps. As I said,
I'm not that knowledgeable about color printing.