[Bf-docboard] What about a chapter for "3D Concepts & Fundamentals"

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
04 Jan 2003 16:01:09 +0100

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 15:38, Felix Rabe wrote:
> Absolutely nothing :).  It might just help to have it in a certain style
> that could be automatically processed later if we then think it could
> serve some purpose.  It wouldn't mean anything would get more
> complicated, it would just mean that not everybody would invent his own
> style of making those references, so that they are somewhat coherent.
>
> The only "overkill" might be that somebody would set up an easy set of
> rules and write about it in the style section.
>
> For example: (mind the '<'s and '>' if you should copy it)
>
> "References are contained within <literallayout> elements, whose first
> contained word (the first non-whitespace characters) is 'Reference'
> (case-insensitive).  A reference URL is contained in a line starting
> with a free-standing 'o' (i.e., followed by whitespace), and the
> reference URL is everything beginning with the first non-whitespace
> character after the 'o' until the end of line (or the </literallayout>)."
>
> Example:
>
> <literallayout>
> REFERENCES::
> ============
>
> o http://this/
> o mailto:that@something
> o ftp://somewhere/
>
>    o  http://special/reference/
>       (treated exactly the same as the others)
> </literallayout>
>
> Simple, isn't it?  The list of references would thus be:
>
> http://this/  mailto:that@something  ftp://somewhere/
> http://special/reference/
>
> The rest is simply ignored.

I'm sorry, but I still fail to see the use for this. What kind of
automatic processing do you have in mind then? As far as I'm concerned
these are just notes to ourselves, right?

Anyway, I'm not going to decide on this. If authors like this mechanism
they're free to use it!

Bart

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>