[Bf-docboard] enumeration of chapters

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 21:00:48 +0100

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> It is a setting in DocBook and there is a standard way to change docbook
> environment variables and I think we should implement that instead of
> changing 'just' your environment. I'm using a clean docbook setup on
> linux here, so I'm not sure if I could use your changes?

You could easily copy my XSLT and DTD "drivers" (well, DTD might not be
necessary - at least that kind of change is very document-specific),
since they are nothing more than replacements of the official and pure
DocBook XML thingies, which import the official stuff through
appropriate statements (<xsl:import> or <xsl:include> - one of these for
XSLT, and entity references (I believe) for DTDs).

Man, that sounds complicated :)

You would have to rephrase the top-level source file this way:

<?xml version="1.0" ...?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="... (XSLT)" href="driver.xsl"?>
<!DOCTYPE root-element (e.g., book) SYSTEM "driver.dtd"!>

The DocBook stuff would then indirectly be imported from the driver.*
files, while being changed as appropriate (by, e.g., setting the
mentioned variables in driver.xsl).

I hope that's somewhat clearer now :).  Should not be that hard to use
outside of the dbenv, as long as the real paths to DocBook things stay
at a certain line in the driver files, so these can easily be patched
forth and back automatically.  (Or use some Python otherwise.)

cu,
Felix