[Bf-docboard] GPL

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:44:27 +0100

Steve Martin wrote:
> Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
>> It might
>> also be nice to explain about the 'spirit' of the GPL.

> Actually, that was one of the things I was going to include in the
> "About Open Source" paragraph. Since there is a subtle distinction
> between "Open Source" as defined by OSI and the philosophies behind
> the GPL, I thought I might also suggest changing the title of this
> paragraph to "About Free Software" (or perhaps "About the GPL").

I'm all for the "Free Software" version.  You probably will find enough
links and material (on (or: to) the "Open Source" side as well) on
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ - but you will already know that URL, I
guess :).

> Oh, well, now that I've signed up, I guess I'd better get movin'. :)

Correct :)

cu,
Felix

--
(The crazy guy who skips a night to download, burn and label two CDs of
the official Debian CD set to install it the next day on the box of