[Bf-docboard] Updated appendix_graphic_cards

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
31 Dec 2002 11:35:16 +0100

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 01:57, Alex Heizer wrote:
> Is there going to be a place for video card oddities? For example, I run
> a dual-monitor setup with X and xinerama. I have an NVidia GeForce2 and
> an ATI Radeon 7500. Last I checked, NVidia doesn't support OpenGL while
> using xinerama, but ATI does, and they use mutually exclusive GLXes
> anyway. So I blend on my ATI screen and don't do any 3D on my NVidia.
>
> Is there a place where issues like this can be noted?

If this is a common setup that Blender users are likely to run into we
should include it in the videocard compatibility. If it's something
exotic I think it should be in the X hardware FAQ, not in the Blender
Manual.

Opinions?

Bart

--