[Bf-docboard] What about a chapter for "3D Concepts & Fundamentals"

Jason Oppel bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:08:35 -0500

I noticed in the table of contents there isn't an introduction to general 3=
D concepts and theory.  People just getting started with 3D modeling and =
animation would need this sort of introduction to so they don't become ov=
erwhelmed with confusing 3d jargon and foreign concepts.  Short explainat=
ions on things like 3d coordinate systems, perspective (and the different=
 types of views that Blender supports like Orthographic), occlusion, vani=
shing points, foreshortening, vertices, edges, faces, color theory, image=
 composition etc. would all be explained (eventually).  We could also pro=
vide links where people could get more information on the various topics =
covered.  I could write an outline and put it up for review if others agr=
ee that a chapter like this would be of value?