[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
30 Dec 2002 13:34:47 +0100

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 17:08, Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> On Sam, Dez 28, 2002 at 05:42:48 +0100, Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
>
> > Nah! When I look at your images now I think that you don't need to be
> > able to read the buttons in the screenshot anyway - the main shape is
> > all that matters right? I'll scale them down a bit and we should be ok.
>
> On this page there is a nice explanation why scaling images
> (i.e. screenshots) is often a bad idea...
>
>  http://typo3.org/doc+M50a99b8e5d8.0.html
>
> See the part titled "Scaling images" a bit down the page.

Hmm, you're right! I did a comparison between two images:

http://vrotvrot.com/BlenderDoc/scr1.png (24.1k) - downsampled screenshot
http://vrotvrot.com/BlenderDoc/scr2.png (15.3k) - original on high
resolution.

The high resolution one is smaller in size! Amazing :)

Looking at this I think it may be very worth while to look closer at the
screenshots that we already have and maybe redo some of them. Also, I
think we should only capture the part of the screen that matters. For
example, in many cases the user interface is not relevant when you try
to explain something about a graphic. We could remove the UI from those
screenshots and save on space (and make the page look prettier, too).

Bart

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>