[Bf-docboard] confusion - dual homepage problem

Kevin Partridge bf-docboard@blender.org
29 Dec 2002 00:57:34 -0800

Hello,

I just wrote a not so nice reply to a post concerning compiling and
installing source.

After reading some of the other stuff you wrote concerning what you are
trying to do I can't believe you guys are up to anything I originally
suggested you might be up to. That being said, it leaves me with a
couple of issues.

1) I still don't know what I need to download and install / compile in
order to use blender.

2) Maybe you could summarize yourselves and the effort somewhere on the
homepage (www.blender.org) . I had to go to blender3d.org to get any
information concerning on downloading a usable version. The link there
to download Blender Creator (which is what I assume I need) takes me to
http://download.blender.org/release/ . That has two directories. One for
Publisher (which I assume needs Creator) and one for Plugin.

Anything that can resolve such confusion (a general FAQ) would be nice.
It would alleviate general assholes (like myself) from assuming the
worst about you guys and jumping to nasty conclusions.

Some links to blender3d.org on the homepage, wherever appropriate, might
be nice too.

Thanks for listening.

--
Kevin Partridge <kgp@nethere.com>