[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:06:25 -0600

--------------050301070305020308070308

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 17:42, droddl@gmx.de wrote:

>>>This also raises the question how we can limit the size of the resulting
>>>PDF. It is about 3.5MB right now and we haven't even properly started!
>>>Should we try to create a high-resolution and a low-resolution PDF?
>>>
>>Maybe that's a good idea! Then my work was not senseless! :-)
>>

>Nah! When I look at your images now I think that you don't need to be
>able to read the buttons in the screenshot anyway - the main shape is
>all that matters right? I'll scale them down a bit and we should be ok.

I'm all for having a high-res, high-bandwidth version, but this may be a
way of "encouraging" people to buy the book. Keep lo-res images to show
how to learn for those of us with no money, but that will help give a
valid reason to purchase the book when we do get money. That's what
happened with me when I started using blender. My wife found a
quickstart guide online (which ended up being sections 2.1-2.9 in the
official blender 2.0 guide), which got me using it and modeling. Then
she got me the book as a gift when we got some money. The point is
(because I am *SURE* everyone wanted to hear about my life), don't gyp
people (put out a good guide) but let them know they can get a better
version AND help support blender at the same time by purchasing the book. :)

Alex

--------------050301070305020308070308

<head>
</head>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>
I'm all for having a high-res, high-bandwidth version, but this may be a
way of "encouraging" people to buy the book. Keep lo-res images to show how
to learn for those of us with no money, but that will help give a valid reason
to purchase the book when we do get money. That's what happened with me when
I started using blender. My wife found a quickstart guide online (which ended
up being sections 2.1-2.9 in the official blender 2.0 guide), which got me
using it and modeling. Then she got me the book as a gift when we got some
money. The point is (because I am *SURE* everyone wanted to hear about my
life), don't gyp people (put out a good guide) but let them know they can
get a better version AND help support blender at the same time by purchasing
the book. :)<br>
Alex<br>

--------------050301070305020308070308--