[Bf-docboard] Update

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:51:31 -0600

Hi all,

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>Hi all,

>* The HTML, PDF and DocBook files are now automatically published to
>http://download.blender.org/documentation - this means that you can grab
>the latest docbook sources there.

Looks great!

>Other issues:

>* What about the quiet people on this list? Aren't there any more
>volunteers to work on a section?

I can work on some stuff. For example, I can do a Quickstart tutorial
(Introduction section) if nobody's working on it already. I'd like to
help out with any Mac OSX oddities and variations, such as
<option>-<mouseclick> to restrict movement or scaling along an axis,
rather than middle-button-click. I can work on some Mesh Modeling
(Editmode, Extrude, Proportional editing tool) and/or Animation
(Keyframe or Path) pages, as well, if nobody is working on them.
Although these have a great basis already from the text in the book.

>* I haven't seen any reactions to Ton's post about the availability of
>the 2.0 Guide to us and about the Publisher deal that has been offered.
>What does that mean? :) No opinion?

Very VERY cool. The book is always on my desk, and to make that
available for everyone to learn from is the best way to get people
learning blender. I reference my copy of the book all the time (easier
than remembering features I don't often use).

>* I want to start adding author names and email addresses in XML
>comments to the code so we can keep track of who worked on what.
>
>* I will integrate the documentation on the 3D Plugin this weekend.

Any word of the return of a Linux browser plugin?

Alex