[Bf-docboard] Xitnaltas Docbook environment

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:25:52 +0100

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:04:44 +0100
droddl@gmx.de wrote:

> Oh F*ck!!!
>
> I can't get it to work! I installed everything properly! (SURE!!!) I
> downloaded barts documentation proposal in XML! But I cant't
> compile!
> Here's what I get:
>
> blendermanual/chapter_character_animation.xml:1493: validity error:
> No declarati
> on for element bridgehead
>         <bridgehead renderas="sect4">IK Solver</bridgehead>
>                                                    ^

Can you look up the DocBook DTD (inside the dbenv - somewhere
.../xml/4.2/*) and see whether bridgehead is mentioned somewhere? (Maybe
there's a comment why the element was not defined, although I doubt
that.)  Otherwise read readme.txt and see whether there is a new DocBook
XML DTD from OASIS.

> Pages and pages of that!

Otherwise, try to grasp the build.bat file a bit, and comment out the
line that contains the xmllint --valid ... command (using, hmm, rem?).
This is what actually (and actively) checks the DTD - but the xsltproc
command might do as well.  Try xmllint --help and xsltproc --help on
your command line to get some information on what you can turn off with
what argument.

> And after that:

> Verzeichnis kann nicht erstellt werden
> ../../blendermanual/index.xml:42: warning: failed to load external entity
> "../..
> /blendermanual/docbook-xml-4.2/docbookx.dtd"
> ]>
>  ^

Ok, so it only warns you (at least at the xsltproc step, as it seems).
That means you might not have to edit build.bat at all, since warnings
can be ignored, and errors before a warning are rarely fatal.

> Writing ch01s01.html for section(introduction_what)
> Writing ch01s02.html for section(introduction_history)
> Writing ch01s03.html for section(introduction_opensource)
> Writing ch01s04.html for section(introduction_aboutmanual)
> Writing ch01s05.html for section(introduction_support)
> Writing ch01.html for chapter(introduction)
> Writing ch02s01.html for section
> Writing ch02s02.html for section
> Writing ch02.html for chapter

These lines were correct.  In the optimal case, they would be quite the
only output of build.*.

> Error Undefined namespace prefix
> xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

Looks quite bad.  Try to get a new version of libxslt (and probably
libxml2 as well) for Windows.  (Should be written somewhere in a readme
how to get and integrate it, I think.)  If you actually do that, I'd
appreciate if you could make an updated version of dbenv (with at least
the changed files (the stuff from libxslt and libxml2) included), upload
a ZIP file somewhere (as version 0.0.2-pre1, if you want), and send me
the URL.  (Or directly in an Email to xitnalta@web.de, if it is < 150
KB.)

Hope one of these steps actually helped you :).

cu,
Felix