[Bf-docboard] I want to do something, but I don't know how!

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:22:58 +0100

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:32:49 +0100
"Stefano Selleri" <selleri@det.unifi.it> wrote:

> you can use NETSCAPE.

Of course I'll recommend Mozilla instead, since it is not proprietary
;). >> http://www.mozilla.org/ .

Besides that, on http://www.docbook.org/ , you'll find the DocBook
Guide.  Use it as a reference when taking another chapter of the Blender
docs as a template, since it is really easy to browse (after you got
behind the first "oh my god, what a lot of reading work" shock) and you
get the necessary information quicker than you might think at first.
Try it out!

But of course it won't be as easy as WYSIWYG editing.  If DocBook is too
much of a hassle for your first thoughts (I hope it isn't), use the
Mozilla Composer (as easy to use as Word) and send your results to this
list.  It might be better you write it down and we translate it, than
you are hampered with new methods and finally forget what you wanted to
write in the first place ;).

And besides: you can use my DocBook environment from
http://mysite.iptic.com/xitnalta/ (Win32 and Unix).  It is a bit old
(and only one version), but nobody complained so far, so it has to be
usable ;). (There are a few parts that could need more docs and
updating, though.)

----

Question: is there already a website on doc. work?  It might perhaps be
useful to collect some information on DocBook (mainly consisting of
links to DocBook sites and to the discussions on the Blender.org forum).

cu,
Felix