[Bf-docboard] LyX as authoring tool for Docbook

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:04:09 +0100

On 02 Dec 2002 08:48:45 +0100
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com> wrote:

> Any tool that can help us to edit docbook documents without changing
> their layout (this is important for merging changes!) is more than
> welcome! Please let us know how you like the LyX extension.

Just 2 thoughts:

- LyX uses a non-free library, so at least I haven't tried it yet (but
  I'd like to).

- As already said, some kind of XML-indent (or XML formatter) tool would
  be very useful in such cases.  But probably a shell script could do the
  job in a few steps (and maybe with some Python using XML libs in between
  ;) ) as well.

cu,
Felix