[Bf-cycles] [Bf-committers] End of CUDA support for older cards and 32 bit

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Feb 17 15:16:36 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

a quick reminder that work on this has started. Cycles will stop
supporting Fermi cards (sm 2.0 and 2.1) as well as 32 bit GPU rendering.

I'll update the buildbot in the next coming minutes, so the next builds
won't come with Fermi and 32bit GPU rendering support anymore.
Afterwards support for Fermi will be dropped in the code. Finally the
Buildbot will be updated to CUDA 9.0, which enables us to support Nvidia
Volta cards and also switch to a newer MSVC compiler version on Windows.

Best regards,

Thomas