[Bf-cycles] SceneRenderLayers settings and 2.8

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Nov 10 19:56:18 CET 2017

Hi Dalai,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> * mat_override [override]
> * light_override [override]

Where would the original setting be stored, Scene, SceneLayer, Object?

It would be easiest to keep these settings in the SceneRenderLayer, though
per layer control could be useful in some cases. For light_override that
would effectively be light groups though, which Cycles does not support.

> * lay_zmask [???]

To replace this Cycles objects need to get a Holdout setting, next to
Shadow Catcher. With overrides it should then be possible to get the same
functionality back.

> * lay_exclude [???]

"lay" is for camera ray visibility, "lay_exclude" lets you make some
objects invisible to all rays. So this would be replaced by either
overrides or per-layer visibility settings, I don't remember if we decided
on which visibility settings would be natively supported by layers.

> * pass_alpha_threshold [ViewRender?]

Just keep it next to passes in SceneRenderLayer I think, not sure why you
would need this in ViewRender, it's about how render passes handle alpha.

Regards,