[Bf-cycles] New Blender test lab numbers

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:58:54 CET 2017

Hi,

It is important to state, that the numbers are coming as-is, just compiled
Cycles kernel with CUDA toolkit 9 (while official builds are done with
toolkit 8), without doing any special optimization on registers usage or
anything. It might also very well be some inline policy changed which might
be possible to tweak.

At the same time, Koro scene is very fast.

In any case, more investigation and fine tuning is needed.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Aaron Carlisle <carlisle.b3d at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like there is a significant slow down on the new Titan V
> (compared to the other scenes with the Titan Xp) on the
> barbershop_interior
> scene. Is there a particular reason for this?
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Intel, AMD and Nvidia are very generously sharing new hardware with us.
>>
>> For the number crunchers, here are all updated stats from our test lab:
>> http://download.blender.org/institute/benchmark171221/latest
>> _snapshot.html
>> (Note, click on a GPU/CPU name in top to hide it from the graphs).
>>
>> The latest addition to the lab is Nvidia Titan V (Volta), using CUDA 9.
>> Looks like this solves slow hair render times.
>>
>> -Ton-

> --
> Aaron Carlisle
>
> Picture taker | Bit cruncher | Pixel pusher | Document writer | Artist
> Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin