[Bf-cycles] Time rendering

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:14:59 CET 2016

Oh wow, first ever report about Windows builds being faster than Linux
ones. That's a good start of the day.

In any case, it's not that much we can do with only timing information. We
have to be able to reproduce the issue ourselves in order to investigate
it, so regular bug report guidelines applies:

- Provide as much simple .blend file as possible which still indicates the
problem (2hrs render is not really good showcase)
- Provide system information (Help -> System Info in Blender (having both
Windows and Linux system infos will be handy))

Also please check you aren't using some power/performance policy on Linux
-- if it lowers CPU frequency down to lower power consumption we can't do
much form Blender side.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Andrei Shaitar <webdisweb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I make a small test.
> I render a still image on the laptop using the CPU to different operating
> systems. Here are the results.
>

> WIN XP 32bit - 1:53:20.27
> Ubuntu studio 32bit - 4:25:28.51
> Ubuntu studio 64bit - 2:24:36.17
>
> I use a Blender  2.76b, Cycles.
> CPU Pentium Dual Core T4400
> RAM 4 Gb
>
> It wants to work on Linux, but this time difference is alarming.
>
> Thank you!

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin