[Bf-cycles] bad pointers with recent Cycles standalone build

Mohamed Sakr 3dsakr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:35:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

I just grabbed the most recent build (18/8), I'm on Windows 10, VS2013,
C++11
there is a decent bug with the scene->mutex. (actually the bug is caused by
the member DeviceScene dscene;)

old build was running fine, new build got a problem which I'll explain

what happens:
memory is fine, so at any point in my DLL, if I check scene->mutex, memory
is correct.
now the problem comes when I try to access it:

if (_session && _session->scene && _session->ready_to_reset() &&
_session->scene->mutex.try_lock())

here, scene->mutex.try_lock(), inside the function call, the mutex pointer
is WRONG.

after debugging, pointer is shifted by 2 indices (16 bytes)

so outside the function, (scene->mutex._Mtx) is correct
inside the function, *(&_Mtx + 2) is correct

_Mtx alone is a corrupted memory, showing 0x0000...1

any ideas?

cheers,
Mohamed Sakr