[Bf-cycles] Cycles standalone questions

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:44:36 CET 2015

You should eitehr use OSL-1.6 or use our branch of OSL where we backported
alignment fix to the 1.5.x series [1].

Mutex thing is hard to deduct from just a code, but see what's standalone
Cycles does.

You can not create SVM or OSL shaders, you create shading node tree which
is then being compiled with a shader compiler which corresponds to a
shading system settings.

[1] https://github.com/Nazg-Gul/OpenShadingLanguage/tree/blender-fixes

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM, haggi krey <haggi at haggi.de> wrote:

> Well, I've done a smapp step forward. My cycles test still crashes at
> the end.
> But I wanted to build a complete scene, one triangle, one light, one
> camera.
> Unfortunatly I have no idea how to create and assing a new shader. My
> code looks like this:
>
>      Shader *shader = new Shader();
>      shader->name = "diffuse_bsdf";
>      scene->shaders.push_back(shader);
>
> The standalone code is not really helpful with this. Shadingsystem is
> default what means SHADINGSYSTEM_SVM.
> So how do I correctly create a svm shader (or osl shader) and assign it
> to my triangle?
> Any hints would be nice.
>
> haggi

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin