[Bf-cycles] Poser and Cycles

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:30:15 CEST 2015

Hey,

That's really nice to see more guys interested in Cycles!

Y-up thing shouldn't be so much big of a deal i think, it should be easy to
do in the poser->cycles synchronization without touching the core render
engine.

As for the fixes and features you'll want to contribute back
developer.blender.org is indeed the most appropriate place for
collaboration.

Looking forward reviewing patches from you! :)

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Stefan Werner <swerner at smithmicro.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  Let me just introduce myself real quick: I’m Stefan Werner, software
> engineer at Smith Micro working on Poser: (
> http://poser.smithmicro.com ). We are planning to include a fork of
> Cycles as a render engine in our next release. There will be a number of
> changes that we do to the code that will not be relevant to Blender (for
> example, in the Poser universe Y is up), but certainly some bug fixes or
> maybe even features that we can contribute back. Would the most appropriate
> way for that be to go through developer.blender.org?
>
>  -Stefan
>
>       Stefan Werner  |  Senior Software Engineer; Productivity & Graphics
> Smith Micro Software, Inc.  |  http://www.smithmicro.com

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin