[Bf-cycles] Efficient sampling of many lights

Marco G digitalbath86 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:55:53 CEST 2014

I've seen this back in that forum and tought looked great indeed. Is there any downside about such approach? Because from what i can see it would be great to have.
Many times in my scenes branched PT isn't beneficial, but with simple PT + many lights it gets impossible when dealing with tens of lamps. So if standard path tracing could be optimized for many lights scenarios with this technique, i really wish someone has the ability to add it
I'd love to hear Cycles devs opinion. Regards