[Bf-cycles] CUDA Toolkit 6.5 and Volume on GPU

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Aug 22 17:16:35 CEST 2014

Hi David,
thanks for the tests!

* Equi-Angular and MIS is only implemented for Decoupled Ray Marching,
which we cannot enable on GPU yet due to Performance / Stability issues.
I will change the UI accordingly (for example disable the button when
GPU is used).

* The performance drop when using a texture is to be expected, Decoupled
Ray Marching helps here quite a bit, I guess that's why CPU is faster in
that case.

Best regards,
Thomas