[Bf-cycles] Nvidia Titan + Cycles

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jun 14 21:08:05 CEST 2013

Hi,
some people have the Titan up and running. You have to build Blender
with the CUDA Toolkit 5.0 or 5.5 and build the sm_35 kernel.
Multiple Importance Sample is available on GPU.

The only features which are not available on GPU are SSS,
Non-Progressive integrator and OSL.

Am 14.06.2013 21:04, schrieb Eibriel:
> Hi!
> Have anyone test the Nvidia GForce GFX Titan card?
> I'm researching to build a GPU renderfarm. But I've some concerns about:
> 1) CUDA support (some options don't work on CUDA), and how that can
> affect render time. Blender don't have "Multiple Importance Sample" on
> CUDA, then I must set more samples, then the render time is increased.
>
> 2) Card lifetime, how long can it last if I use it 24 Hours per day.
>
> Thanks!!
> Eibriel

Thomas Dinges
Blender Developer, Artist and Musician