[Bf-cycles] (no subject)

Piotr Arlukowicz piotao at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 14:07:01 CEST 2013

> some people have the Titan up and running. You have to build Blender
> with the CUDA Toolkit 5.0 or 5.5 and build the sm_35 kernel.
> Multiple Importance Sample is available on GPU.
> The only features which are not available on GPU are SSS,
> Non-Progressive integrator and OSL.

Yes, the native blender builds from blender.org did not work properly with
stock Titan drivers under windows 7. I tested the drivers from cd included
to  the card, and also with another drivers downloaded from
nvidia.com/drivers (but at those time they weren't there, it was too early
for nvidia probably, and for GTX Titan it stated 'nothing found').

Blender complained to not have a hardware with compute capability 3.5. So,
basic install from blender.org with GTX Titan and stock NVIDIA drivers was
not working.

This was a machine with two 8-core Intel Xeon 3.1GHz, 32GBram and two
Titans in SLI. Unfortunately, I can't force it to work with official
blender build, so the recompilation is necessary.

cheers
piotr
--
Piotr Arlukowicz