[Bf-cycles] regarding OSL texture perforamnce

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:17:28 CEST 2013

Hi fellow cyclists,

I did a little experiment to try and improve the performance of cycles/OSL
in scenes that use image textures. I tested the Barcelona scene from
ba.organd tried a bit of an ugly hack to cache the OIIO perthread
info.

I only have an ancient macbook pro here with me on holiday and would need
to investigate further but initial results are a ~ 15% improvement on
overall render time on this scene.

I expect the improvement to be bigger for machines with more cores but I
cannot test that from here.

I attached the patch

Martijn