[Bf-cycles] Cycles roadmap and how to help

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Oct 27 17:38:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Nazim Mer <nazim.mer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Blenderheads,
> Browsing the net , I found this link that refers to using the
> reqd_work_group_size attribute...the user claims that this
> dramatically optimizes compile time and compute time.
> Would this make any difference to Blender Cycles compiling on AMD GPU's/?
> Check it out using the link below:
> http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1284393

We've tried different workgroup sizes, didn't help unfortunately.

> PS would opencl on Intel hardware be supported at one point

It runs with on Intel CPU's without OpenCL, I've yet to see it work
faster than GCC through OpenCL, so there doesn't seem to be much
reason to support this. Note also that running things through OpenCL
on the CPU would limit the available features such as OSL support.