[Bf-cycles] Render tiles in GPU vs CPU

Cal McGaugh cal at cal3d.com
Thu Nov 8 20:25:00 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

just found this thread
 http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=32782&group_id=9
<http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=32782&group_id=9>
about Cycles tiles.......is there a concise tutorial or synopsis of all that you
have found that can be added
to the Wiki for users?

I had found this same problem a few weeks ago, and posted several places asking
if anyone had the same
problem or knew about it, but did not get any answers.  So this Bugtracker
thread and this Bf-Cycles group
has been very helpful to explain the problem and solutions.

But would be even more helpful if it could be distilled down to help users know
what is the best setting
or at least where to start to find the best setting for their setup.

Best regards,
Cal McGaugh (user)