[Bf-cycles] Render with a cluster?

Tim tim at criteriondigital.net
Wed Mar 21 19:31:14 CET 2012

Not for a single image. At least not without writing some custom code.
I do believe the built in render farm will work with cycles for
animations,
but the work load is still just distributed on a per frame basis. The
folks
at renderfarm.fi have done some work for distributed rendering for a
single
image. Here is one done on 100 machines with only 21 passes per image.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanletwory/6794383202

I don't know if the developer is going to release his code to the
public or not?
You can ask around in the IRC to see what you can find out about it. I
will be
needing that in the future my self, so please post back here with
anything
you find out.