[Bf-cycles] old volumetric patch rebased

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Dec 12 22:43:43 CET 2011

Hi,

Basic volume rendering might be a nice target for the next release, do
you think that is feasible, is this something you want to finish by
then?

One thing I'm not sure about is using the woodcock algorithm. Being
unbiased is nice, but it should come at too high a performance cost, a
basic fixed step size with some randomization to decorrelate the noise
seems to be more common in render engines?

Thanks,
Brecht.