[Bf-compositor] Feature suggestion for CHROMATIC ABBRATION

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Thu Jul 9 20:55:42 CEST 2015

Hi Milin,

Does not really sound like a compositor question, but still it is a very
interesting research question. The distortion node is not an accurate
dispersion algorithm. It uses screen space calculation for the chromatic
abbration. I assume you will need an accurate model of your camera setup
in order to remove the chromatic abbration.
Have you tried using the motion trackers lens distortion (k1, k2, k3)
per channel. I assume (not knowing for certain) that that setup is more
likely to work as the algorithm is more correct (but still not accurate).

Otherwise it should help if you can distribute some examples and let see
how users will solve it.

Regards,
Jeroen
  - At Mind -