[Bf-compositor] Blender compositor queries from Xentrix Studios

Mythravarun Vepakomma mythravarun.v at xentrixstudios.com
Thu Nov 27 10:48:27 CET 2014

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

We have already tried this which can help as a RAM player for a sequence.
At our studio we have huge compositing team working on footage resolutions
ranging from 2K to 8K multi channel EXRs. So caching at node level per
frame is more essential than sequence, to be able to beautify each frame.

We currently use Nuke for some of our projects which can cache the node
tree and allow to do quick modifications in node tree. Also most of the
times we will have to work on high res footage without resizing. So to be
able to migrate to blender compositing we found this as a very essential
requirement.

Also we will be happy if we can work together to add this feature in
blender, if its not available yet. I can patch you up with studio finance
team and Rnd manager to start collaborating for this requirement.

Do let me know.

Thanks
Mythravarun
CG Supervisor