[Bf-compositor] Extending some node functions to VSE

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:16:25 CEST 2014

IMHO a strip contain a node tree where you can use as input other strips
embedded in the timeline as well as extra elements imported or generated
directly in the node tree (like a renderlayer of a scene or an image or a
text)

To give you some reference you can take a look at the compositing system of
the "ancient" AVID DS or latest version of Lightworks...
As you can see there strips are added in the compositor node tree and
treated as inputs.

The DS approach differ from the lightworks one and both are efficient in
their own way:
DS define a subtimeline with all the strips embedded
Lightworks reads directly the original timeline

In both cases you get an input node for each layer (doesn't matter how many
clips are involved per track) that I find really useful
I do prefer the subtimeline solution of DS because it locks all the strips
to the local timeline and if you change your edit you wont loose the link
between them.

I don't understand completely what you mean with the constrains and
limitation of the single strip because in any way you get strips with alpha
and opacity and you can blend them with all the method allowed by the
software

e-mail   f.paglia.80 at gmail.com