[Bf-compositor] GSoC: vector blur

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 27 09:51:08 CET 2014

Hi,

Gosh isn't that nice! The paper describes precisely the approach I used for Elephants Dream - one or two years earlier. I published that too. Probably a reason why the paper author makes no claims about having invented it. ;)

The approach I used is just not easy tileable - but that is not impossible either. Matter of good coding practices, experience and perseverance. Not a good GSoC project for a beginner.

The Blender vector blur approach could be also improved a lot (linear color, sampling, adaptive steps, filters, etc etc). But for that I rather see a student who knows what he/she talks about.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute