[Bf-compositor] use alpha premultiplication in linear Color Space?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Apr 4 13:45:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

"Fade" can mean too many things.
You mean: "Image should become transparent - during an alpha-over operation"?

Well to start with - such effects look much different in linear, than in non-linear spaces.

And realize: premultiplied RGBA = alpha should not be changed. Not!
Straight alpha - yes, that you can do with what you like.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute