[Bf-compositor] Mask Aspect error

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 08:26:11 CET 2013

I was just tracking some 16:9 standard definition footage. I can correct
the aspect and it works well. The scene settings are also set up for
correct aspect x-16 y-11 (anamorphic output for in-house production chain
PAL Widescreen).

When I create masks in the Movie Clip tool everything is corrected and
matches (I added a circle primitive to check).

But when I go to the compositor and add the mask to the anamorphic source,
it is distorted (Circle appears flat, squashed). The mask should get the
scene aspect ratio but does not. I have to add a distort node to the mask,
but this reduces the quality of the mask.

Can anyone verify this?

Cheers
David