[Bf-compositor] mySoftware myWorkflow

Cezary Kopias cezary.kopias at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 20:41:13 CET 2013

Intro

Hi!
Firstly I would like to present my workflow by video walktrough. Its
nothing new.
Its an simple example how I use blender for image manipulation and
composition and a proof that we really dont have a huge problem with
sampling (except "Plane Track Deform" node) and canvas limitations in node
compositor. I use Blender Internal renderer for position scale and rotation
of layers. This might seam a bit of an overkill but its very flexible and
when you set it up properly, quite fast to work.

Video

http://logonapatyku.nazwa.pl/kopias/blender_image_manipulation_example.mp4

Issues

In this set up I can freely change the render dimensions and "work on small
deliver big". The real issue is that some nodes can be set only in pixel
valuse. For me best way would be to set up in pixel valuse and than when
changing to relative - to automatic convert.

Conclusion

I would rather see improvements in this kind of workflow than having some
kind of another system for transformations inside compositor (but its not
that I would mind having more sampling algorithms there). Hope my email
makes sence.

happy blending
Cezary Kopias

P.S. Having GLSL as renderer is a very nice idea.