[Bf-committers] Migration to Gitea planned for tomorrow

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.org
Fri Mar 10 13:55:16 CET 2023

On Blender ID you can change your username. At the moment this does not
transfer to Gitea, though. The Gitea team is working on making this
possible for us, and I do expect it to be rolled out in the coming month or
so. Renaming users unfortunately is not that simple, because it also ties
into the location and URLs of their personal repositories.

The work on pushing username changes from Blender ID to Gitea is tracked at
https://projects.blender.org/infrastructure/blender-projects-platform/issues/1
The work on clarifying the "contact your site admin" is tracked at
https://projects.blender.org/infrastructure/blender-projects-platform/issues/53

Cheers,
Sybren