[Bf-committers] Bump MacOS minimum requirements to 10.15 for Blender 3.5

Chuck Ocheret ocheret at panix.com
Thu Jan 5 17:17:20 CET 2023

It seems to me that supporting Metal with a fallback to OpenGL for older versions might be equivalent to such a fallback for when a Vulkan implementation of the viewport gets rolled out. I have no idea how close that is yet. But I’m excited for an aggressive move forward to Vulkan and Metal since that will facilitate many new capabilities.

I suppose I’m voting for the 3rd option for now, even though it might be more work. That is unless new features enabled by Vulkan and Metal are forthcoming. I suspect those are far off so Metal only offers performance benefits for newer platforms.

~chuck

Chuck Ocheret
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ocheret