[Bf-committers] Enquiry about starting to contribute

Thomas Dinges thomas at blender.org
Tue Mar 1 18:53:03 CET 2022

Hi Chirag,

welcome and thanks for your mail!

I suggest you take a look at the Blender wiki and check the New
Developer Introduction [1].

Setup a compile environment [2]  and then get familiar with the source
by reading code and the source docs [3].

There is a Good First Issue project, where you can find good tasks to
get started (small features, bug fixes...) [4]

If you need further help, please feel free to reach out on blender.chat
[5] in the #blender-coders channel or write me a direct message there. I
also offer a weekly open chat, where everyone is welcome to join and ask
questions about how to get started with Blender development. [6]

Best regards,

Thomas

[1] https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Developer_Intro

[2] https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender

[3] https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Source

[4] https://developer.blender.org/project/profile/34/

[5] https://blender.chat/home

[6] https://devtalk.blender.org/t/weekly-open-chat-for-new-developers/21578

Am 01.03.2022 um 17:57 schrieb Chirag Mathur via Bf-committers:
> Hey there!
> I am an aspiring developer with proficient skills in C++, Java and Python.
> I am a frequent user of blender as I like 3D designing, and hence would
> like to contribute to this software.
> But since I am an absolute beginner at this, I would like a bit of guidance
> so as to where to start from.
> A little help would be gladly appreciated.
> Thanks and regards
> Chirag Mathur

Thomas Dinges  -  thomas at blender.org   -  www.blender.org
Developer Community Coordinator at Blender
Buikslotermeerplein 161 - 1025 ET Amsterdam - The Netherlands