[Bf-committers] Clean-up of Phabricator project tags

Thomas Dinges thomas at blender.org
Mon Jan 10 17:45:24 CET 2022

Hi, (especially module owners)

there are various project pages and tags on developer.blender.org, some
of them seem outdated or superseded by others.

Examples:

"Cycles" and "Render & Cycles" (might be an exception due to the
stand-alone repository though)
"Nodes" and "Nodes & Physics"
"Pipeline, Assets & I/O" and "Import / Export"
[...]

As part of the upcoming Module Improvements [1] , every module should
have one official tag. Patches and reports are then to be tagged
accordingly.

If a module likes to have sub tags forĀ  specific areas, that is
possible, but it should be clear which tag is the main one to avoid
confusion.

Can module owners please check on their tags and decide which one should
be the main one? Unused ones can be archived or deleted (not sure what
is best for Phabricator).

Please mention the main tag on your module landing page then (see [2] as
an example).

If there are questions about this, feel free to ask me on the chat.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

[1] https://devtalk.blender.org/t/improve-module-pages-roles/21281

[2] https://developer.blender.org/project/profile/5/

--
Thomas Dinges  -  thomas at blender.org   -  www.blender.org
Developer Community Coordinator at Blender