[Bf-committers] Blender 3.0 Release Dates

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Fri Sep 3 17:58:50 CEST 2021

Hi,

This is an update following the Blender 3.0 release planning [1]. After
having checked with the modules, we can finally settle on the following
proposal:

* September 22 - bcon2
* October 20 - bcon3
* November 24 - bcon4
* December 1 - bcon5 (release)

There are already lots of new features in master [2]. And each module still
has some smaller features planned before bcon2. That said, we are still
waiting for the following big targets pending to be fully merged to master:

* Cycles-X.
* Geometry Nodes (Fields).
* Asset Browser (Catalogs, Materials, ...).
* UI Workshop proposed changes [3].

EEVEE reactor [4] was postponed for 3.1.

[1] -
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2021-June/051043.html
[2] - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/3.0
[3] -  The planned workshop may be replaced by an online meeting to
formalize some UI decisions.
[4] - https://code.blender.org/2021/06/eevees-future/

-Dalai-