[Bf-committers] Booleans "fast mode" - Implementation

Ahmed Hesham 3a2l at windowslive.com
Thu Nov 25 00:22:04 CET 2021

Hello,

I am going through the code that does the Booleans mesh intersection. I understand that the new “exact mode” is using the method outlined in the paper “Mesh Arrangements for Solid Geometry”, by Zhou, Grinspun, Zorin, Jacobson – Siggraph 2016, as documented here: https://developer.blender.org/T67744

However, I was wondering about the older “fast mode”. Is the implementation used outlined by any further research papers or documentation, or should I just step through the code?

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Ahmed